Visitors are always welcome for either a short day tour or to spend some time in our holiday home accommodation located on the farm. The centre operates to the highest environmental standards. Here you can see first -hand Geothermal Heating, Wood Pellet Boiler, Solar Panels and Reed Bed System.
The following programmes are available for groups:
1 Hour Visit – A Heritage & Organic Farm Tour, €6 p/p
Visit to the heritage room with guided introduction to Nano Nagle story in the Blackwater Valley in the early 1800’s. Guided walk around organic farm and environmental features of the centre. Tea/Coffee with homemade confectionery.
2 Hour Visit – A Heritage & Organic Farm Tour with Cosmic Walk, €10 p/p
As above with The Cosmic Walk. This is a 2KM walk through fields, woodlands and by the river bank telling the story of the evolution of the universe. Tea/Coffee with homemade confectionary.
Half Day Visit 3 – 4 hours: €25 p/p
Farm Tour, Tea/Coffee, Heritage Tour, Cosmic Walk & Organic Lunch
Full Day Visit 5 – 6 hours €35 p/p
Farm Tour, Tea/Coffee, Heritage Tour, Cosmic Walk & Organic Lunch with meditation session
Groups – A tailored programme can be developed for group tours including craft workshops, yoga, meditation, traditional music or spiritual direction programmes.
Overnight Visitors – can stay on site in our holiday home accommodation and do the following activities:
- Spiritual Programmes, Ecology & Sustainable Living Courses
- Fishing – there is a rod license available at the centre with direct access on to the River Blackwater, one of the finest fishing rivers in Europe famous for its salmon and trout.
- Walking Tours of the Blackwater area
- Farmers’ Market – there is a farmer’s market on site every second Saturday morning from 10.30 am to 1.00pm.
Other Amenities in the Blackwater Valley:
- Blarney: 8 km from Cork city, this historic village is most famous for the Blarney stone as well as the Blarney Woollen Mills.
- Mallow: the traditional main commercial centre of North Cork is 12km from the centre. Here there is a racecourse as well as a direct train to Cork and Dublin.
- Millstreet Country Park, Doneraile Park, Ballyhass Lakes, Walks in the Nagle Mountains.
To make a booking, simply call us on 022 26411 or email us at: email@example.com